This past fall semester was my first ever college semester. That being said, I was very nervous and anxious about what to expect and if I was going to do well. After several failed attempts on how to be "successful" with studying, being organized, and making the grade, I have established 10 tips that helped me achieve that success in my first semester of college. These 10 tips helped me maintain a high GPA and a healthy mindset.
1. Get a head start: completing assignments as soon as they are assigned instead of procrastinating allowed me to maintain a balanced social/school life. Even if you do not complete the entire assignment in one sitting, working on a little each time lessens the burden of the whole thing. I think this is crucial to achieve success because the workload I have each week always varies and I could be swamped one day and free the next.
5. Buy a planner: having a planner is a guilty pleasure for me, because not only are they helpful but sooo cute! I have the Kate Spade 17- month large agenda in the Book Shelf pattern and trust me, I use it. I love writing my school and sorority schedule amongst other random things because GEL PENS!!!
6. Clean out your car: the less clutter in your life the better. Having a clean car can make you feel so much more organized. Yes I am guilty of leaving 3 week old Chik-fil-a milkshake cups in my car--ew.
7. Create goals for yourself: this semester I told myself that because I did not have any super hard classes (I am a freshman still taking general ed classes) that there would be no reason I should not get all A's. I told myself that from the beginning and with determination and persistence I made it happen guys!
8. Create check lists: whenever I have a busy week a like to make a list of everything I need to get accomplished. I love checking things off the list and being able to witness my progress. Also, having everything written out and in front of me allows me to see what areas I need to focus on as opposed to others.
9. Meet with your professors: I found this especially helpful this semester due to the fact that 2 out of the 4 professors were able to offer me last minute extra credit in order to boost my grade to an A! Lowkey stalking could have been an understatement last semester, but I truly just wanted to discuss the class with them and see how I could improve. I was told this advice before I even got to college, and it was probably the most useful. Meeting with your professors is definitely underrated amongst most people I know...DO IT.
10. Be positive: as cliché as this sounds it truly does help. Having a positive outlook on not only life but your school work can make all the difference. Whenever I start to doubt myself I realize that the doubt is what is clouding my success. YOU CAN DO IT!
Find your joy. Then do it. Be it. Live it.
FSU's Premiere Fashion Magazine